Centage! is five cents in
defining a good fluid css framework. Every framework has its shortcomings – as has Centage! too – but it also solves some major issues in existing ones.
Reason for Centage! is purely practical. I started to redesign my own site and wanted to go for a fluid grid, mostly just for the challenge of it. At the same time I had made some tests with Less and although it seemed pretty cool, it was still tricky to develop with command line compiler. When less.js came along, the pieces existed for putting together a next gen fluid framework.
I have my roots in print design and designing complex grid systems for newspapers. So I wanted the same kind of grid into web as well. Especially nested, percentage width grids are a challenge that simply cannot be addressed with traditional css (because they inherit relative width from parent element).
requirements for a grid system are:
- It should mimic print grids as accurately as possible.
- Proportions of columns and gutters should be visually equal at any width.
- It should add minimum extra markup.
- No representational markup.
- Should work on most browsers after IE6. IE6 users can expect trouble anyway.
- It should be light + simple.
Cappuccino is an open source application framework for developing applications that look and feel like the desktop software users are familiar with.
- Leverage CSS3 to handle as much of the pretty presentation and animation as possible
- Provide a consistent and modular event model between objects
- Wrap DOM and device-specific events into a cohesive gesture system
- Insulate developers from different persistent storage solutions
- Play nicely with other libraries like PhoneGap
- Use a lot of resources
- Depend on other frameworks
- Have a lot of browser dependent code
- Require detailed knowledge of the DOM
- Force you to deeper into its framework than you want to go
$and other arcane looking symbols in place of proper identifiers
jQuery Mobile: Touch-Optimized Web Framework for Smartphones & Tablets
A unified user interface system across all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Its lightweight code is built with progressive enhancement, and has a flexible, easily themeable design.
- GUI library – Hundreds vector elements for interface design
- Minimal UI icons set – 260 vector icons for Illustrator
- Styles library – 200 styles to apply in Illustrator
A free User Interface Design tool for Web Designers
• Design faster wireframes and crea
te better mockup deliverables in Illustrator.
• Design usable application interface with hundreds of common GUI elements : just drop them from Illustrator Panels or pick them in the library files.
• Customize easily the vectors GUI elements to your own needs : you can easily resize, color or tweak their appearance.
• Benefit from a consistent UI elements library made by a web designer expert in application interface design.
Sencha Touch allows your web apps to look and feel like native apps. Beautiful user interface components and rich data management, all
powered by the latest HTML5 and CSS3 web standards and ready for Android and Apple iOS devices.
Open Source Media Framework (OSMF) simplifies the development of media players by allowing developers to assemble components to create high-quality, full-featured video playback experiences. This open framework enables development focused on web-based video monetization, with lower costs and faster turnaround.
Strobe Media Playback!
Strobe Media Playback allows designers, content owners, enterprises, and developers to get started easily with an out-of-the-box, feature-rich media player. It is a compiled SWF that allows you to get up and running qu
ickly vs. spending time
on technical details. Strobe Media Playback is currently in pre-release, and available for free download today. To learn more, go to:
- A Date Range Picker for Twitter Bootstrap | Lively Web Tuts on A Date Range Picker for Twitter Bootstrap
- Vadim on Cloud Zoom
- Camera – a free jQuery slideshow by Pixedelic | Lively Web Tuts on Camera – a free jQuery slideshow by Pixedelic
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Out | Lively Web Tuts on Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Out
- sams on Mobility – Free Mobile UI Design Elements